July 02, 2005

Rove Has Been a Rat Before

A follow-up to the news that it may have been Karl Rove who ratted out the American CIA agent Valerie Plame.

Here is a piece by William Rivers Pitt (thanks to my old pal Rhoda Carroll), from 2003, which describes how Karl Rove smeared someone else using Robert Novak as his hatchet man. In 1992, Rove was fired from the Bush I team because of this infraction. In 1999, this is what George Herbert Walker Bush, former President and former American chief spymaster, had to say about people who ratted out other people:

"Even though I'm a tranquil guy now at this stage of my life, I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view, the most insidious of traitors."

George II's Svengalian sidekick, Karl Rove, may be out after two strikes. Although, we may learn of many other behind-the-scenes betrayals by Rove. I can't wait.

No comments: